- Charlie Johnson’s Big Pencil March 7, 2018
- Boyertown Boot December 7, 2017
- Bustards Snowman November 30, 2017
- Antonio’s Burger October 11, 2017
- Catalina Island Ice Cream October 10, 2017
- LA Coca Cola Bottle October 8, 2017
- Big Table at “The Broad” October 8, 2017
- Big Sombrero Man October 7, 2017
- Rosenthal Wine Tasting October 7, 2017
- PretzelFest Dog Tags September 23, 2017
The elephant was one of the 4 Big Things out front. We after this we went into the fenced “park” on the other side of the building. That’s where the flamingo is and many other treasures. If you are in need of a Big Thing I suggest you give Mel a call.
This is the namesake for the “Pink Elephant Antique Mart” in Livingston, IL. We went there to get the Big Beach Boy and Muffler Man (see Big People) and got this pink elephant as well. I’ve run into more of these pink elephants around. A couple of them are in front of liquor stores and are holding a martini glass with their trunk, pretty clever eh?
I have an elephant below on this page that is on the Pendleton Pike here in the Indy area. Melinda told me about that Big Thing. She was an enthusiastic Big Dogger and gave me a Maritni elephant like the one below. Was I surprised to find another here at The Jim Hipp Nursery along with a trio of his friends.
Lucy here is a National Monument. I guess I didn’t treat her with the proper respect because as I was paying the bridge toll into Margate, NJ I asked the attendant where the “big elephant” was. He looked at me with derision. I should have shown some more respect.